Glycolic Acid Problem Solving
Once you try us you'll want to stay with us - discover why our customers keep coming back for more. We stand behind our products 100%. Place your order today!
It's normal, some people experience ...
- A temporary tingling when applying your glycolic products that decreases over days or weeks.
- Mild temporary dryness or flaking is resolved with a gentle, non-irritating exfoliator until your skin adjusts to your glycolic products.
Signs your not tolerating glycolic ...
This can happen if the strength is too strong, or initially applying too much, too often to your skin. Should any of these occur, cut back your daily applications to rest your skin, or discontinue until your skin returns to normal, then resume with once daily applications scattered over the week - increasing gradually over time until using twice daily. Contact us if you need further help, we want you to be happy!
- Stinging 3-4 minutes after application, rinse off and rest your skin.
- Shedding dead skin at the rate you consider undesirable.
- Red and blotchy, sensitive to other cosmetic products.
- Feels uncomfortable or when you perspire, seems tight or dry.
- Eye area looks wrinkled, crinkled, puckered or dry. Thinner skin around your eyes, nose, mouth and neck is sensitive, reducing applications in these areas until your skin adjusts will take care of the problem. Eventually, these areas will catch up with the rest of your face and all areas will have the same application schedule.
Help, my skin is red, dry or sensitive. Not a problem, just follow one of the below schedules, let your skin tell you what is right and you’ll be up to speed.
Application 1 ... sometimes you just need to temporarily cut the strength
- Apply your glycolic leave-on to a wet face, or mix half with water, or a moisturizer in the palm of your hand before applying ... you can do both!
- Eventually, stopping when your skin adjusts to its new care.
Application 2 ... having a little trouble
- Reduce your "leave-on" glycolic applications … glycolic cleansers are washed off and don’t count.
- If using once daily, reduce to once every other or third day. Stay at this level for 1-2 weeks, then try to return to once daily applications eventually increasing to twice daily over time.
- If using your "leave-on" twice daily, return to once daily. Stay at this level for 1-2 weeks, gradually increasing to twice daily over time.
Application 3 ... trouble!
- Stop all glycolic products - even cleansers, wait until your skin returns to normal, then resume with the below "pulse treatment" schedule. This stops problems by giving your skin time to rest between applications ... when your skin has adjusted the applications are increased.
- Use your glycolic cleanser twice daily for 1-2 weeks.
- Start your "leave on" product once every third day mixed with water, or moisturizer in the palm of your hand before application. Stop diluting slowly over a period of time until applying straight to your skin. Then apply once ...
- Every other day for 1-2 weeks.
- Every day for 1-2 weeks.
- Increase to twice daily every other day after 1-2 weeks, keep applying once daily in between.
- Apply twice daily every day after 1-2 weeks.
- Return to the last step if having problems.